Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Thursday, March 15, 2007

I got a one dollar bill today with an interesting stamp on it. It said Currency Tracking Project and gave a website to report your dollar bill and track it's path. Of course, my dollar bill had taken 14 months to get across town, but I am sure that some of the travels must be very interesting. Check it out http://www.wheresgeorge.com/


I listened to the most recent Alex Anderson podcast and the guest was talking about a basting frame, just like I use. The pictures below are the same quilt from my prior post, but it is just about quilted.
My frame, which I use for hand quilting, is the same as my grandmother used to use. Use 1x2's cut to length with fabric stapled to the frame. Make a square with the four boards, and clamp topgether with large "C" clamps Pin the backing on the frame, then smooth out the batting and top with your quilt top
My frame is suspended from the ceiling with bicycle holders, and I use strong nylon string, which I wrap around the frame to raise/lower the quilt. You can quilt from all four sides, and when you can no longer reach in and quilt comfortably, you roll the quilted portion onto the frame and continue quilting.
.


































No comments: