Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Beautiful poem for a gray, rainy, wintry day

My sister-in-law Sissy and I used to call these the drizzmibles~

yellow - Anne Sexton

When they turn the sun
on again I'll plant children
under it. I'll light up my soul
with a match and let it sing. I'll
take my bones and polish them, I'll
vacuum up my stale hair, I'll
pay all my neighbors' bad debts, I'll
write a poem called Yellow and put
my lips down to drink it up. I'll
feed myself spoonfuls of heat and
everyone will be home playing with
their wings and their planet will
shudder with all those smiles and
there will be no poison anywhere, no plague
in the sky and there will be a mother-broth
for all of the people and we will
never die, not one of us, we'll go on
won't we?

I was in a Santa Fe Gallery and saw a breathtaking yellow painting (yellow is still my first love) and this gorgeous poem was posted beneath it. The gallery owner graciously printed it out for me!

No comments: