Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Monday, August 08, 2011

Flexagons -

One of the art books that I bought from Amazon was "Making Handmade Books" by Alisa Golden. One of the things that caught my eye was the Flexagon, which is a 4 sided construction (kinda hard to call it a book...) This is the first side (I could have been a little more precise on the folds)

You open the middle portion that is horizontal here, and from the way it is folded and glued, another side is displayed. This is side 2 (no particular rhyme or reason about what I glued down and color may have shown better)
Side three, with just a smidge of a gap. You can see the dog in the example above my fold.
Side 4, which is the best fold that I did. I will try again with either colors or a picture.
All in all a very interesting fold, which I think that I could use for some publicity mailings. And the book is great, available for order from Amazon in the right column of my blog!

No comments: