Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I have been given the task of being a Santa's Helper. My grand nieces want a kitten for Christmas. My niece asked me to go to the shelters and look for two kittens.
It was absolutely heartbreaking! Row after row of beautiful kittens and cats, and they will be destroyed unless someone adopts them! And Albuquerque is a small city, I can imagine the problem in larger cities must be even more heartbreaking. But Albuquerque did enact a mandatory spay/neuter ordinance and there is a $150 litter fee. So we are working on the problem.
I would have taken everyone of them home with me, but circumstances prohibit it (space and my alpha female would not be happy!)
WHEN I win the lottery, that is where my money will go....
We did not find the perfect kitten, but are continuing to look.

Just so you have some reference, this is my alpha cat Babycakes (the maine coon) and Fuzz Bucket (solid black.) Yes, they were both homeless when I took them in. This was a odd, as they do not

usually lay on the same piece of furniture!

1 comment:

sunshinecity said...

It is so generous of you to want to adopt as many kittens as possible. Really its a great thought. Wish I were more like you, but I have this kind of cat allergy.
William
Amish handcrafted furniture