Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Sue's scalloped corn

I took a dish to our "Non-denominational Seasonal" pot luck today. It was from a Weatherford family reunion, and I loved the way it tasted. Somehow, it got put away, and I found it the other day (I have not been a Weatherford since 1999, so that shows you how long it has been rattling around). Anyway I found it and decided to take it today. It was a great hit, so I am posting the recipe here.

It was given to my by Donna Enger.

Sue’s Scalloped Corn

1 Can Corn, undrained
1 Can Corn, cream style undrained
2 eggs
1 Box Jiffy Yellow Corn Bread Mix
1 Stick Butter (melted)
8 ounces of Sour Cream (I did not have sour cream so I used cream cheese instead)
2 cups shredded cheese of your choice

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

Mix the first six ingredients together with 1 cup of the cheese
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, the remove and top with remaining cheese (for the potluck I did not top with cheese until I got it to work)
Bake for another 30* minutes

*(to take this to our potluck I only put the casserole back in for 15 minutes, let it cool and then spooned it into my crock pot. When I got to the office I put the cheese on top and turned the crock pot on low until lunch time!)

The funny thing about it is that I copied it onto the back of a family tree for the Weatherford's! So I was able to flesh out that limb of my family tree without contacting my ex-husband! Winner times two!

No comments: