Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Busy, Busy!

On May 1, 2010 my sister, mother, uncle Charlie, Aunt Allene, Cousin Marsha  all went to a reunion of the two room schoolhouse that we had all attended in Mayhill NM. My niece Grace and her two daughters and cousin Kay went with us. My grandmother and brother had also attended. The school was demolished in 1986, but was an active school until 1960. I have created a webiste http://www.wix.com/weatherscf/Mayhill-school to show the pictures that alumni have contributed. The first picture is from 1903 and has three of my grandfather's siblings listed! Amazing, isn't it?
There were about 100 people in attendance and a great time was had by all. More pictures are coming from the celebration and some related pics we found.
This is the barn that my Grandfather Allen Clayton built. It has been around as long
as I can remember, so it is at least 60 years old. Houses are gone (demolished or burned)
but the barn endures.

No comments: