Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!

When we attended the reunion in Mayhill my sister and I discovered a picture of our Maternal Grandmother Onie Clayton in 1914. She was enrolled in a Domestic Science Class (wonder exactly what that entailed). She is seated to the left, and I love the mobcap.
After we found this picture, I came across this quote in my Simple Abundance daybook.
"...women may not have had the vote or the trappings of power... but they were the moral, spiritual, and physical center of the home, responsible for creating a welcome retreat of beauty, comfort and contentment  that would protect, nurture, sustain those that they loved. To achieve this, ordinary middle class women elevated the pursuit of domestic bliss to an extraordinary art form, from white linen Sunday dinners to blue-checked gingham Indenpendence Day picnics. "
This is honor all the mothers in my life: Onie Clayton, Floye Clayton Adkisson, Lonnie Adkisson, Frances Weatherford. I love and treasure you all.
Happy Mother's Day to all mothers everywhere!

No comments: