Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dr. Oz Info (Mammogram and Dental Xrays) for WOMEN

On Wednesday, Dr. Oz had a show on the fastest growing cancer in women, thyroid cancer. It was a very interesting program and he mentioned that the increase could possibly be related to the use of dental x-rays and mammograms. He demonstrated that on the apron the dentist puts on you for your dental x-rays there is a little flap that can be lifted up and wrapped around your neck.
Many dentists don't bother to use it.
Also, there is something called a "thyroid guard" for use during mammograms. By coincidence, I had my yearly mammogram yesterday. I felt a little silly, but I asked about the guard and sure enough, the technician had one in a drawer.
I asked why it wasn't routinely used. Answer: "I don't know. You have to ask for it." Well, if I hadn't seen the show, how would I have known to ask?
Someone was nice enough to forward this to me. I hope you pass this on to your friends and family.

No comments: