Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Vinyl Albums - Circas the 70's

My first husband and I had a fantastic Akai stereo system that we bought at a steal when we were stationed in Germany. I have carted these albums around for over 30 years... (my ex took the stereo and I took the car in the divorce).
Nine years ago when I moved to New Mexico, I left a box of "stuff" at my mothers. We are now in the process of cleaning out her house and I brought the albums to Albuquerque with me.
Quite the eclectic list - I don't remember how we split up the albums but this is what I ended up with:
Bruce Springsteen: The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle (should have gone to him, I really don't like Bruce Springsteen)
JJ Cale: Naturally
2001 A Space Odyssey soundtrack
It's a Beautiful Day: It's a Beautiful Day* My all time favorite album! We wore one copy out and had to buy a second one!
The Moody Blues: Days of Future Past
Harry Nilsson: Nillson Schmillson
Harry Nillsson: Son of Schmillson
Christmas Albums
Moody Blues: To our Children's Children's Children
Moody Blues: Every Good Boy Deserves Favor
Santana: Caravanserai
Santana: Abraxas
Bread: Guitar Man
Jefferson Airplane: Bark
Jim Croce: Photographs and Memories * My second favorite album!
Ferrante and Teicher: Fiddler on the Roof
Moody Blues: On the Threshold of a Dream
Cat Stevens: Mona Bone Jakon
Jethro Tull: Aqualung
Traffic: John Barleycorn Must Die
George Carlin: FM&AM (includes the 7 words you cannot say on TV)
Led Zepplin II
Ten Years After: Rock and Roll to the World
Beatles: 1967-1970
America: Homecoming
As I said, eclectic, but it was the 70s! In 1967 I had my entire album collection from the 60's stolen, and I am sure they would have been even more odd!

No comments: