Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Book of Days - Week One


This is my book for my book of days for 2012 for Effy Wild's 2012 program. This is a very plain book, titled the Complete Book of Terrarium Gardening.Overall size is 7 1/2" x 10".














This is the back cover. Just several layers of paint, with eucalyptus walnut ink applied through punchinella.

This is the front cover of the book. I printed out Book of Days twentytwelve on fabric in a fun font called Rat Infested Mailbox, isn't it great? The cover is vintage upholstery fabric with frayed edges, and the spine of the book is crumpled kraft paper with painted interfacing applied.
Right Inside book cover. I applied some decorated paper, and made an expanding pocket from Kraft paper with paints and inks.
 Inside cover, left side with small twentyeleven envelope in black and white, and partial shot of the right hand page with the expanding pocket.

2 comments:

Mary Tafoya said...

I look forward to following your book of days...!

Jo C. said...

Loving the texture you created with the "splattering" - not sure of technical term :) See you in Book of Days!