Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Re-imaging Finances

I have been following Goddess Leonie's 30 days of the World's Biggest Summit and have gleaned some very good information from it. One really interesting idea was presented by Bari Tessler Linden, who is a financial advisor. She said since so many people have trouble organizing, budgeting and paying bills, that you should make it something fun.
 I took this to heart and changed my quicken categories to the following
Mortgage= My Nest
Car Payment= Chariot Wheels
Electric Bill= Light of my life
Gas Bill= Heat of my life
Transfer to Savings= Feather my nest
Pledge to church= Feather the UU nest
Credit Card payments= BofA ball and chain
somehow paying bills is more fun now!

No comments: