Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Lots of News to Share

I had a BUSY weekend. Starting on Friday night, I went to a trance dance event. I had never gone before, and I really enjoyed it. The music was fantastic, and I lost myself so totally that at one point I had no spatial recognition-- I might have been hanging from the ceiling. We danced for 45 minutes, and it seemed like only a few minutes. We started with a intention, and that really helped me to focus. For more information see http://www.studiopizazz.com/.
The next morning I attended a meditation/art workshop at First Unitarian Church. I am not that keen on structured meditation, but this was very interesting. Again we had to focus, and I was able to use the same focus point that I had used the evening before.
That afternoon, I sat in the gallery at 516 Arts . They have a new exhibit called "Trappings: Stories of Women, Power and Clothing. This is a great multimedia exhibit that asks the question: What do you wear that makes you feel powerful? Of course, each woman answers differently, but the results are fascinating. This show runs through Aug. 18.
And finally, if you are anywhere in the area, you MUST see the Cradle Project. This is a gathering of almost 500 cradles created by artists and school children from around the world, in a benefit show for African Orphans. The scope of the exhibit, on two floors of the old First National Bank Building (Central Ave. downtown between 2nd and 3rd) is absolutely staggering, and some will bring tears to your eyes. A very worthy project, and you can bid on the cradles at the online link above. Unfortunately, the exhibit closes next weekend, and they are only open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I went to the opening, and wanted to go back and see it again, but just will not be able to get back and see it again.

No comments: