Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Consulting the Oracle with Juliana Coles

Consulting the Oracle class with Juliana Coles, July 18-19, 2009. Albuquerque NM

I found a fascinating book called "The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Sex"
Copyright Date 1950.
Just could not resist this at a Book Sale.
This is the inside cover. Note the pocket we constructed
on the left hand side of the page containing our Archetype Cards.


Juliana wanted us to make an "ugly" page. I followed directions, but everyone else made theirs pretty. Oh well. This is alcolhol inks on wet paper with a piece of burlap on the right hand edge. This was supposed to be our introductory spread.



This is my spread for the Orphan card. I felt like paper dolls were appropriate.


Intermediate page in the introductory section.



We listed our Shoulds, then our should nots (which were very similar, amazingly). I wrote mine, then washed them with white paint, obscuring some of the writing.


One of the dividers that we had to create.
My spread for the Innocent card. This was a representation
of what it was like before I was born. I wrote "embryo" and "Little Shari"
with my non-dominant hand and used red alcolhol ink and purple marker.


My representation of the Warrior card. We listed our shortcomings,
and then were supposed to destroy them with great gusto and violence.

We traded letters to the Universe about what we wanted to accomplish,
and then had to answer someone else's letter as if it were our own.
Jule's letter could apply to me to, so I just plowed ahead.


All in all, it was a very interesting experience.

Messy, but interesting.
Check out Juliana's classes

No comments: