Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

I've been on vacation...

Nothing exotic, I went to my Mother's 88th birthday on Monday, but no big trips for me, as  I have a tear in the vitreous fluid in my right eye.
Several weeks ago I told you about a book that I got for 99 cents at Borders, called "The Worst Case Scenario Almanac - Politics"
Here is a quote from that book:
"The first professional female journalist in the United States, Anne Royall, was rebuffed in her efforts to gain an interview with the country's president, John Quincy Adams, in 1825. After hearing that Adams started every day off with a 5 AM skinny dip in Washington, D.C.'s Potomac River, Royall ambushed him. When the president emerged from the river naked, he found Royall sitting on his clothes. She refused to let him dress until he conducted an interview with her. Adams agreed and Royall became the first woman to interview a U.S. President.

No comments: