Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Memorial for Mike



I lead a ceremony tonight for a friend's husband who died suddenly on Friday. I have a book of Unitarian memorials, and gave her the book to see if something was suitable. Since they did not attend a church regularly, they were having trouble gettting someone to come out and officiate. I told Bets that I would read the service, and it turned out to be a very fitting tribute. We had several candles, one for Mike, one for community, one for love, one for thanksgiving and one for memory. Individuals lit floating candles in a large clear glass bowl after sharing their memories of Mike, and everyone thougth that it was exactly what the occasion called for.


He was only 69, but in generally poor health, and Bets will be lost without him.

No comments: