Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Friday, July 13, 2007

Quote Junkie

I am a total quote junkie. I collect quotes and use them in my art when it is appropriate.
I subscribe to a Quote of the Day service which I recommend highly.
http://www.qotd.org/subscribe.html is where you subscribe.
Today's quotes (in celebration of Friday the 13th) are about luck.
I am sharing the following:

You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats. - American proverb

It's bad luck to be superstitious. - Andrew W. Mathis

People naturally fear misfortune and long for good fortune, but if the distinction is carefully studied, misfortune often turns out to be good fortune and good fortune to be misfortune. The wise man learns to meet the changing circumstances of life with an equitable spirit, being neither elated by success nor depressed by failure. - Siddhartha Gautama, 563 - 483 BC
A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them. - P. J. O'Rourke

There is a tide in the affairs of men, Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries. - William Shakespeare, 1564 - 1616
Have a lucky Friday the 13th!

No comments: