Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

I made an interesting discovery today

I was gessoing some pages on an old book, and put wax paper between several pages. I guess that I did not let it dry enough, and when I opened the book back up, the pages were stuck to the wax paper. I let all of this mess dry, and then made my discovery.

After all had dried, I peeled the pages off of the wax paper. Much to my amazement, they came off and were very usable. These are the pieces, and I plan to use them in collages!


After the disaster of the sticking pages, I scribbled with Derwent Watercolor pencils on the remaining book pages. The colors and textures were very interesting and I will do more pages and then embellish.

There is also the most interesting resist effect on the left side of the pinky/purplish page seen below.

I have been doing spring cleaning and found a book that I forgot that I owned. The Decorated Page by Gwen Diehn. Great book, even though it came out in 2002 (it was one of the first altered book books that I ever bought). It inspired the glueing, gessoing and coloring that I worked on today! Looks like she has a new and improved book which I will have to add to my wish list on Amazon!

No comments: