Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Monday, July 07, 2008

FINALLY!! Art

I felt like Saturday was a bonus day, as Friday seemed like Saturday.

I started on some altered tags and a box on Sunday,

This is the first coat of paint in a great color called Indigo Jacquard Lumiere paint.

I also did some rust dyeing over the weekend- that bonus day again. I think that this looks botanical, perhaps a tree? Sorry for the shadows, but the flash gave too bright a picture.

These small pieces are white on muslin, and I really like how they came out. I will have to root around and find some more WOW (or WOM as the case may be) to experiment on.

This was the only disappointing piece, and it may go back into the rust. I have some jacquard weave upholstery fabric brewing now, and we will see how those came out.

BTW, the rust was inspired by the latest Bonnie McCaffrey video!

1 comment:

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Love that indigo paint. I've been thinking about playing with rust, too -- be sure to show us how the upholstery fabric comes out!