Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Back from vacation

Well, I have returned from my week's vacation,
and I guess that I am ready to return
to work tomorrow.As I was approaching Amarillo on I-40, I was amazed
to see this road sign. I was going too fast to stop
(even tho I was doing the speed limit), so I turned
around and went back just to get this picture.
This spelling is very rare...
This could only happen in Texas (at a rest stop...)


This is the historic marker in Mayhill, NM. My grandfather
used to find arrowheads all of the time in his yard. This is one of the few (ONLY???) tunnels in NM.
As a child, we would never drive through the tunnel
without honking the horn. We used to have to take
turns on which kid got to honk the horn.
This is heading west from Cloudcroft/High Rolls.

This is the west side of the tunnel.
To this day, I have never driven through this
tunnel without honking the horn, and I have
passed this on to my son!
I don't know if there was not anything really senic,
or if I have just traveled this road too many times!



1 comment:

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Yup, I remember that tunnel. I love the honking-horn tradition -- fun stuff.