Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Simple Abundance

As some of you might remember, I am following Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy by Sarah Ban Breathnach. I will go for days, and then a ZINGER will really hit home. June was a very active month, and alot of stuff went directly into my soul.
June 28: Repotting: Giving Roots and Yourself Room to Grow:
"" I don't know when I myself am potbound," Gunilla Norris confesses in her numious devotional, BEING HOME, "lacking courage to be replanted, to take the shock of the new soil, to feel into the unknown and take root in it.
We too, need to consider repotting for growth. But when? When we wilt even before the day begins. When we can't remember the last time that we laughed. When we have absolutely nothing in the next 24 hours to look forward to. When this happens, week in, week out, we need to realize that we're pot-bound. We need to gently loosen the soil aroud our souls, find something that sparks out imagination, quickens our pulse, brings a smile or giddy lilt  to our converstaions.
But repotting does not mean that we have to leave the marriage or quit the job. It just means that we need something new. "
I'm not so sure about the last statement, but time will tell. More in my next post.

2 comments:

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Hmmm -- thinking about a different job??

NM_Creatrix said...

Looking forward to retirement and working on ramping up a business (helping artists set up websites and online classes; also working with individual users who need assistance to "make computer magic!")
My day job is paying for this, so not looking to move on!