Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Saturday, June 16, 2007

I HATE to FLY

Flying used to be fun, but not anymore. Since September 11, it is just a pain in the patooty.
Every time I have to take my shoes off in the airport, I get p.o.ed. I can understand security, but that seems excessive to me.
I arrived in Columbus an hour late, due to storms between California and Chicago, and then realiezed that the name of my rental car company was not on the Priceline.com rental receipt that I had printed. By this time it was 11 CST, and I was annoyed again. Went to all of the rental car companies (Luckily there were only 7) and finally found my rental car.
Found the hotel without any problem, and crashed.
I got up the next morning, and hit the museum trail, even though I had a killer headache and my eyes were constantly watering. Guess that it was the pollen, as things certainly are greener than they are in Albuquerque!
I hit the Columbus Museum of Art and saw a great show called the Optic Nerve about OP art from the 60s. Great show, but it closes tomorrow. With my headache, some of the pieces throbbed! Not sure if that was intentional or not. Got a great quote from a 1964 show that I will share later. After having a great, inexpensive lunch at the museum, I went to the Franklin Park Conservatory. They had ikebana arrangers on site, and some great bonsai (one of which is supposed to be 350 years old!). They have lots of Dale Chiluly glass and drawings, plus butterflies, birds and some amazing plants.
Class started this morning, and Jane Dunnewold, as I knew she would be, is amazing. The work is tough, but I expected that also. I seem to be farther along than some & behind others. But that is to be expected, as it is a very large class, since it is a master class, you are expected to work self directed. No pictures as of yet, but by midweek we will be printing, so hopefully we will have some pictures.
We had a walkaround last night, and saw some amazing art. One of the most interesting was the Making Marks class. It was marks, drawings, holes punched in paper, but in the most awe inspiring manner ever. They are offering it again next year, and I am tempted to come back just to take that course.
The weather has been great, went for a walk this AM and plan on going again in the morning.

No comments: