Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Scott Reunion, 1921 or 1922

I spent the weekend at my Mother's house and while looking for sheets to change bedding, I came across a photo album of my grandmother's Onie Scott Clayton. This was one of the photos that fascinated me. The baby in the middle of the picture is my uncle Charlie Clayton (who is now 85!). He is being held by my grandmother, and unless he knows who these people are, most of their names are lost to the past. We were able to identify 18 of the 42 people in the picture, and have no idea about even most of the children. I feel such sadness when Ancient Ancestors go uncelebrated. I am a mixed media artist and often use old photos in my art work. I wonder about these lost relatives, knowing that at one time they were someone's mother, brother, sister or father. Just for your information, the old couple sitting down are my great grandparents, George and Eunice Scott.
For something lighter, Baby Cakes has taken over the suitcase that I am packing for QSDS.

1 comment:

NM_Creatrix said...

Since this posting I have discovered who all but 8 of these people are!