Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Sunday, June 10, 2007

My archetypes

I have worked on my archetypes for Jane Dunnewold's Archetypes as Artistic Inspiration class at QSDS. I am posting several of the archetypes that I have picked, with my collage impressions.


This was the first collage I made after picking my 12 archetypes. These are hand carved stamps and depict SEEKER, my eighth house archetype. This one makes sense to me, as they are stepping stones! I glued the stepping stones down, and the quilted (on the machine) a meandering, non-linear path that crosses it's self several times.





















This is my HEDONIST piece. I wanted a lush, luxurious look to this, and gold always indicates that to me.

The quote reads:

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used ut, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! what a ride. (Unknown)

Sounds very hedonistic to me!







This is a piece of fabric stamped with hand carved stamps and then overpainted with red. As I was going through my stash, this just said VICTIM to me. Vicitim is in my first house, and I am having a bit of a problem working with that.

No comments: