Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Going Green with solar light fixtures

I went to a open studios tour (Alameda Studio Tour) in Albuquerque on Sunday. It was a beautiful day, and I really enjoyed seeing all the art. I had been invited to the tour by Paula Garvanian, who is a master gardener, landscape artist and solar artist. She takes discards, lights them with solar panels and creates the most amazing outdoor light fixtures.
I bought this small light for my balcony and love the ambience it gives off. The pictures do not do it justice, but here goes:


She has all kinds of concoctions, all sizes and I love them all. Leave a comment if you would like to contact her.
I plan to buy more of these little gems (this one is about 8" across and about 10" high overall) and was only $21. What a deal!

No comments: