Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Sunday, October 09, 2011

What a Sunday

Great Sunday, I went to a forum on what to do with our church mural as we build a new building, then went to the service and found this in the Order of Service (at First UU)

Affirmation by William Henry Channing
To live content with small means;
to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion;
to be worthy, not repspectable, and wealthy, not rich;
to study hard, think quitely, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart;
to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasions, hurry never.
In a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common.
This is to be my symphony.

When I got up this AM and saw all the balloons in the air, I knew it was the anniversary of my father's death. We came out of the hospital after he died and the whole sky was filled with beautiful balloons. That was the first time I saw a mass ascension. It was breathtaking and will always be associated with his death. It has been 18 years, and I still miss him!

No comments: