Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Jefferson Davis Pie

I was coordinating our annual Thanksgiving Feast at work and committed to bring a Jefferson Davis pie. This is an old family recipe, and is not hard to prepare.
As I was mixing the ingredients, I was touched by the idea that a few simple ingredients (Sugar, eggs, spices and a pie crust) can make something so delicious. But, it is not something you can multitask while cooking it up. After mixing the ingredients, it requires slow, low heat and almost constant stirring. No matter what I tried I had to focus on the saucepan, and saw the ingredients gel and combine into an almost finished product. It really was almost mesmerizing, and very calming. Plus at the end you have an excellent pie to eat.

No comments: