Back on Blogger

effective in 2020, I will be back on Blogger!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Almost finished an old fabric book

DESPERATE for inspiration, I went through some
of my "stuff". I have been totally blocked by the
idea of working on my Egypt journal.
This fabric book was dedicated to Viggo Mortenson.
It was started at Art Unraveled (2005??)
in a class taught by the multi-talented
Lisa Englebrecht.
It was in a plastic bag, in pieces.



This is the cover, with a large "V" for Viggo
(the only completed page in the book)

Page 1 and 2. Page 2 got blemished when I
fused the picture to the page, I had forgotten
that is was floated on the backing.

Page 3 and 4. The caption on page 4 reads
" I didn't have friends when I was little...
I learned to rely on myself" and I added
"I will be your friend!" in purple.
Page 5 and 6, not finished yet, but the red and
gold page has machine and hand stitching. More
to come on these two pages. Page 7 and 8, page 7 is sparse, so more will probably
be done. I like page 8, which is painted canvas
in earthy tones and jagged edges.
My favorite - the last two pages.
Hopefully this will open the log jam!
Check out this link- to 1001 journals.
There are some amazing journals there
and you can look or join.

1 comment:

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

What a good idea to pull out some old work and see what flows. I've taken a couple classes from Lisa -- I love her work, and I've learned a lot from her.